Wie erkenne ich welchen Hänger ich habe (Englisch)

Alles Rund um Anhänger jeglicher Art

Moderator: Viktor

Wie erkenne ich welchen Hänger ich habe (Englisch)

Beitragvon Viktor » Fr 30. Nov 2007, 22:47

Hi,

aus gegebenen Anlass hiermal der englische Post von Chuck Lutz aus g503.com
Ich habe Kontakt zu ihm, wenn wer infos braucht. Ich werde ausserdem den Post bei Zeiten auf Deutsch übersetzen - für unsere "hiesigen" Kollegen ;-)

grüsse >Vik<

If your new trailer is missing the data plate or you need to figure out a USA Number for it, I can help you. Send me the information you gather from the trailer and I will try to fill in what is missing. Just clear up a basic misconception here...the ACM number that is found on the gusset plate when you remove the four bolts that hold the left front spring hanger to it is NOT, I repeat NOT...the Serial Number from Bantam or Willys.

1) Data Plate: If yours is present, what is the info stamped on it? How many "fields" are available for stamping info?
2) USA Number: Wet sand an upper corner area to see how many coats of paint are on the rear panel. Then SLOWLY wet sand right under the rear top hook to find the "USA", in doing that you will now know what to look for when you sand just above the lower frame rail looking for the eight numbers usually found on the rear panel...you may find White or Blue paint used here.
3) ACM Number: American Central MFG. made the tub/frame assembly. They put a number on the gusset plate under the left front spring hanger so remove it and wire-wheel the gusset looking for numbers about 7/16" in height. You may find a "B" or "W" in front, behind or below the number.
4) Upper Shock Mount: Is it threaded or cotter-pin type? Is it RIVETED or BOLTED to the frame? Is the LOWER shock mount threaded or cotter-pin?
5) Is the axel a straight tube, with a welded seam in the middle or does it have a center cast section?
6) Springs: How many leaves in the springs? Eight or ten? Standard FLAT Willys type or a flattened "U" shape? Are the spring clips with the closure on the top or the bottom?
7) Taillights & Reflectors: What is the mfg of the taillight buckets and doors? What about the reflector bezels? Check to see if the reflectors have the bolt HEADS inside the tub. See if they have any lead washers on them.
Cool Taillight Mounts: Standard "L" brackets bolted to the tub or welded on?
9) Numbers: Look on the top or sides of the drawbars, check the edge of the front of the tub where the handbrake is bolted and look on the left side of the frame near the front of the trailer frame. Any numbers stamped there?
10) Bolts: Check the markings (if any) on the bolt heads on the fenders or other bolts on the trailer. (A, AA, EC, BC or others or none?)
11) Unit Numbers: Most outfits did NOT mark the rear frame beneath the tub with the unit info but some did. Wet sand this area carefully also, there may be several coats of paint and several units markings!

(Sanding tip: As you go, get some tracing paper and keep adding what numbers/letters are revealed as often as you reveal a new area, you will sand through an existing one so if you are tracing the new stuff, you can decipher the USA number or unit info easier with tracing paper. The White or Blue paint used was often not very thick and sands off quickly.

DO NOT USE PAINT STRIPPER, ELECTRIC SANDERS OR BE IN A HURRY. YOU HAVE ONE CHANCE ONLY TO GATHER THAT INFO!)

Email me what you find and I can give you an estimate of a missing or damaged data plate or a possible USA number. From what you can provide, we can tell if it is a Bantam or Willys. Email it to me directly or post an inquiry below asking for info once you have gathered the infomation I will need to assist you. Simply hit the "EMAIL" button below this and send what you have. A closeup of the data plate for my records would be appreciated.

PS...check the JeepDraw site as Jon has a longer version of this and some great pic's from Al Brass' Bantam.

http://jeepdraw.com - Focus on Trailers -

Good Luck,

Chuck
1943 Willys MB 291497 - in parts
1962 Dodge M37B1
1988 Suzuki SJ 413JX - For Sale
2009 Toyota HiLux 3,0 City (ARB Sahara bumper, OME Lift, Warn Winch)
Viktor
General
General

Zurück zu Anhänger